Caribbean Island Guides
Don't know much about the Caribbean? Not sure which island to choose?
Or are you looking for a totally different experience?
Let our Caribbean island guide tell you all about our lovely islands, so
you can pick the vacation destination that right for you!
Pick an island:
- Surely a tropical paradise with beautiful beaches, a small island which offers total relaxation for those who seek it, families, honeymooners etc. Relax on the beaches or enjoy the various water related activities e.g. scuba diving,parasailing etc or take an art gallery tour, Museum tour or go birdwatching. When night falls there is lively tropical entertainment. For those who are looking for tranquillity, you are sure to find it here.
- 365 beautiful beaches in Antigua ( one for each day of the year) will give you an indication of the popularity of this island for a vacation. Swimming with the dolphins, scuba diving , sailing—these are just a few of the activities to be enjoyed. The world famous English Harbor and Nelson’s Dockyard are of great historic interest and should be visited if possible. Cricket plays an important part in the lives of Antiguans, watch a game being played if possible. Enjoy exploring St. John’s –the capital of Antigua.
- Barbados is a small (166 sq miles) but beautiful island which attracts many visitors each year to it shores. This is an island with beautiful beaches, friendly people, much to see and do and a serene atmosphere.
- Bequia is the largest of the St.Vincent Grenadine islands and is about 7 square miles. Known for its fabulous beaches and laid back atmosphere, it is the perfect place to relax and unwind. The rest of the Grenadines are within easy reach and are worth a visit.
- Eco tourism reigns in this mountainous island and for those with adventure in mind it is perfect. It has been called the Nature Island of the Caribbean and with its many rivers and unspoilt beauty, there are many activities such as hiking, exploring the nature trails, whale watching, exploring the natural beauty of the rain forests etc. Spectacular scenery and an opportunity to be at one with nature.
- Isle of Spice as it is called because of the many spices produced here, it offers a variety of experiences. Famous for its wonderful beaches such as Grande Anse and the sheer beauty of the mountains, Grenada is perfect for family, couples, adventurers alike. The capital St.Georges with its horse shoe shaped harbour is a place of beauty. The beautiful Grenadine islands are within easy reach and the diving experiences are spectacular.
- A place of unspoilt beauty, perfect for getting away from the stress and strains of modern life. Small and serene, it is full of historical interest—birthplace of Alexander Hamilton who helped to draft the US constitution. Charlestown the capital retains much of its original character. Nevis is truly an island where nature reigns and there are several interesting nature trails and island exploration trips to be enjoyed.Also, fascinating wildlife experiences –birds and bats, sea turtles are just a few of the many animals to be viewed.
- St. Croix
- Largest of the US Virgin Islands ( 82 sq miles) offers a variety of activities. Christiansted and Fredriksted are the two main towns and must be seen, each with it's own distinctive style. Shopping is excellent and there are many places of interest to visit. Tours can be arranged to a rum factory, Botanic Gardens among others.If you are interested in science be sure to visit the Eye to The Sky site for a fascinating experience. Enjoy the beaches and related activities.
- St. Kitts
- In the centre of the island stands a dormant volcano covered with vegetation which dominates the landscape. St. Kitts has an unspoilt atmosphere, and provides a relaxing get away. Beautiful beaches, tropical forest areas perfect for nature trails are among the attractions. Basseterre, the capital boasts many beautifully preserved colonial structures. Historic sites have been well preserved and worth a visit.
- St. Lucia
- Famous for its annual Jazz Festival St. Lucia offers a get away for family, couples and honeymooners alike. Enjoy the unspoilt beauty, visit the famous drive in volcano and see the bountiful fields of bananas. St.Lucia has a variety of accomodation from the all inclusives to the simple bed and breakfast type lodging. Castries is well worth exploring and the French influence on the island provides interesting architectural styles and customs.
- St. Maarten
- Divided between the French and the Dutch and while each section retains its uniqueness, there is a marvelous harmony between the two. The French side offer great shopping, excellent cuisine and secluded beaches-----a Gaelic experience. The Dutch side is more informal and is a busy cruise port and is bustling with activity. A perfect marriage of cultures, the visitor will find much to see and do. Explore the island, visit the sites of interest, enjoy relaxing on the beaches or participate in activity such as sailing, diving and deep sea fishing. Best of two worlds!!!
- St. Thomas
- one of the US Virgin Islands. Home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Only 33 sq miles it can be easily explored by bus, car, by foot ( uphill in many parts) or take a helicopter ride to take in the spectacular beauty of the island. Be sure to visit Drakes Seat where Sir Francis Drake is said to have sat and counted his ships. Check out the shopping in the historic downtown area for many bargains in crystal, jewellery, cameras etc.
- St. Vincent and The Grenadines
- St.Vincent offers a variety of experiences for the traveller---hiking, nature trails and expeditions to many of the beautiful unspoilt areas, diving , beaches and, if time permit, a visit to the neighbouring Grenadine islands is well worthwhile. For the less adventurous, the capital of Kingstown with its famous Botanic Gardens as well as other areas of historic interest such as Ft.Charlotte offers the visitor a chance to get a birds eye view of the history of the island and enjoy the shopping offered.
- Land of Turtle Doves as it is called is the largest of the British Virgin Islands. RoadTown –the capital has a scenic harbor which is usually filled with yachts. Cuisine in Tortola is excellent with many choices, with such dishes as fresh lobster, conch, turtle etc. Shoppers will find bargains in perfume, jewellery and Wedgewood china as well as many local products such as silk screened fabrics. The rest of the BVI are in easy reach should you wish to explore further.
- Trinidad and Tobago
- A cosmopolitan island with a charm of its own. Bustling Port of Spain is a hive of activity ---a visit to Frederick Street with its many quaint shops and wayside vendors is a great experience. A trip to the famous Maracas Bay is well worth well and Chaguaramus ( site of the former US Naval Base) with its charming marina are among the places of interest. A trip to neighbouring Tobago, either by ferry or air, is advised if time permits. An excellent Zoo is within easy distance from the capital. A variety of experiences await the visitor.